HP Multi-Jet Fusion
HP Multi-Jet Fusion for manufacturing colour-intensive prototypes
In addition to the traditional processes, in some cases BOPLA makes use of the new “HP Multi-Jet Fusion“ technology. This technology is similar to the SLS process. However, it does not involve a powder-fusing laser, but uses a heat-conducting fluid (a so-called “agent”) for spraying onto the powder. By introducing energy into the hollow space, only the sprayed powder is heated up so that the material hardens. In contrast to all other processes in which PA12 is used, in this case several colours can be printed in one process. This is carried out with the aid of coloured “agents” and is why this technology is used mainly when the models are especially colourful . The stability and toughness of the very homogeneously hardened PA12 are additional advantages of this very new technology.
HP Multi-Jet Fusion offers these advantages:
- The process makes especially colour-intensive prototypes possible.
- The prototypes provide high stability and toughness .
- Low layer thicknesses (0.08 mm) ensure high level of detail accuracy.
- The process ensures a very short production time.
- Watertight component structures ensure high level of IP protection.
- No need for supporting structures.
Note the following characteristics:
- The components are given a slightly raw surface.
You need to provide us with the following:
- In order to be able to manufacture the samples which you require, we need only the 3D data of the relevant enclosure.