Testing higher protection classes
Depending on the type, our enclosures have as standard a maximum protection class of IP69 according to DIN EN 60529. If you require a higher protection class for your individual application, Bopla will test the feasibility of this on request.
Important pre-conditions for agreement to carry out the test
- The test piece is supplied fully mounted with all fitted and add-on components (electronic components)
- It is permissible for the test piece and the fitted and add-on components to be damaged in the course of the test
- When considered individually, the fitted and add-on components must cope with the expected IP tightness
- It must be possible to disassemble and check the test piece and the fitted and add-on components using normal skills and effort
- Including add-ons, the test piece must not exceed the dimensions of 500 x 500 x 300 mm
- Only the tightness is evaluated and assessed. The customer is responsible for carrying out processing and assembly work
- If possible, you should be on BOPLA's premises during the test (water test)
Protection class IPx8 according to DIN EN 60529 requires agreement on the test conditions between us as manufacturer and you as user, and we ask you to define the test duration, the immersion depth and/or the ambient pressure.
Protection class IPx9 according to DIN EN 60529 makes the maximum demands of our enclosures and is even more dependent on the version of the relevant enclosure. However, in this case the test procedure is clearly defined.
Please note that successful testing of protection classes IPx7; IPx8 and IPx9 does not automatically mean that protection classes IPx6 and lower are covered.